The Department of Mathematics advertises tenured, tenure-track, and post-doctoral level assistant professorships on its positions available webpage. The Mathematical Finance program strongly encourages applicants with research background in probability theory, mathematical finance, or computational finance to apply. Please notify Professors Paul Feehan (feehan (at) rci.rutgers.edu) or Dan Ocone (ocone (at) math.rutgers.edu) of your application, so we can bring it to the attention of the hiring committee of the Department of Mathematics.
Please be certain that your recommenders understand that they can not email letters of recommendation to Professors Ocone or Feehan: they must submit their letters using MathJobs which you should also use to submit your application online, indicating your primary research area of interest as Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes, area 60 in the AMS classification.
Notes on Hiring for Faculty Positions
- The Director of the Mathematical Finance program welcomes suggestions of candidates at any hiring level;
- Hiring for the Mathematical Finance program is carried out by the individual departments which sponsor the program;
- The Department of Mathematics always welcomes applications from outstanding candidates regardless of research area;
- At the moment, probability and mathematical finance are not priority research areas for hiring by the Department of Mathematics, although that is subject to change;
- The official statements of the Department of Mathematics on hiring and hiring priorities, as well as descriptions of open positions and application procedures, are available here.
- The Department of Mathematics supports the Mathematical Finance program, and creation of a hiring priority in probability and mathematical finance in the near future is a distinct possibility.
- Please visit the Department of Statistics for descriptions of their open positions.