The Rutgers Mathematical Finance Master's Program is a STEM certified program.
We are an academic affiliate member of the International Association of Quantitative Finance so our students can join and benefit from their activities. In addition, our students participate in skill-building activities such as the Rotman International Trading Competition, the IAQF Case Competition and the PRMIA Case Competition. We also have a Quant Club where students can develop leadership skills.
Our program welcomed its first class of incoming students in Fall 2006. Rutgers University has three graduation dates per year: January, May and October.
Here are the employment statistics for our graduates:
- *100% of 2007 and 2008 graduates are employed;
- *2009- all our graduates, except one, accepted employment offers;
- *2010- 98% of our graduates are employed;
- *2011- 89% of our students are employment;
- *2012- 83.3 % of our May graduates found employment;
- 2013- 95% of our graduates who responded to our survey have found employment;
- *2014 - 100% of our students found employment;
- *2015 - 97% of our students found employment
Firms who have hired our students include:
- Barclays Capital
- Bank of America
- Bank of New York Mellon
- Credit Suisse
- Deutsche Bank
- Ernst and Young
- Fidelity Investments
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan Chase
- Merck & Co.
- Morgan Stanley
- Price Waterhouse Coopers
- Standard and Poor's
- State Street Associates
Career Service Support Staff
- We have a network of industry contacts that helps our students find internships and jobs.
- Unlike many other programs, our students receive individual support and guidance as we have both a full-time Director of Career Management Services (Sunita Jagtiani-Sanghvi) and a full-time Program Administrator (Ana Mastrogiovanni).
- Sunita provides individual career advisement as well as workshops and seminars on job search and professional development skills. She also partners with employers to identify internships and employment opportunities. In addition, Sunita organizes weekly seminars with experts from finance who share their expertise with our students.
- Ana is our lynchpin and provides invaluable administrative guidance for our students from initial application for admission through graduation.